It’s that time of year again, time for thousands to flock to San Fransisco, at the Moscone convention center for VMworld.
If you haven’t, be sure to register!
This year, will be my 4th year at VMworld – and preparing ahead of time makes for a much better trip. So, here’s my tips for a more successful visit.
- Wear layers and bring a jacket.
- Yes, You will be in California, but San Francisco is a little different. Here, the temperature drops quite a bit once the sun goes down.
- Comfortable shoes are a must!
- Do not under estimate the amount of walking you will be doing here. Bring a pedometer to tracks to miles!
- Use the Schedule Builder and sign up now for the sessions!
- Attend some of the parties.
- Seriously – this is the best way to meet peers in the community in person and to make new connections!
- Andreas Lesslhumer has a great list of the gatherings
- Visit the Solutions Exchange
- This is the time when the vendors all release new products and features – stop by the booths to get the lowdown and some demos.
- Don’t forget to browse the outer ring – this is where the new and some up and coming products show up!
- Meet people!
- A little redundant to the above bullet, but worth repeating. This is a great time to meet others who deal with the same problems everyday.
- Looking for a job? There are vendors that are interviewing all week looking for new talent.
- Bus tours
- Never been to San Fran before? a bus tour is the best way to see everything the city has to offer – allowing you to hop on and off to visit sites like the Golden Gate Bridge, and Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Hands on Labs:
- These labs are a great time to get some hands on experience with numerous VMware products and partner solutions.